Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: SDCC Coverage

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Gareee's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2004
    Posts
    729
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok Mike, where did you post the raygun pics? I checks quick stop, and your sdcc coverage, and they aren't in either.

    Also, any news about those Lovecraft figures? They should have been out by about now, right?

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Michael Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2004
    Posts
    1,039
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Under the Weta section -

    http://www.mwctoys.com/sdcc2006_weta_rayguns.htm

    And they had production versions of the Lovecraft stuff there, so it should be showing up soon...

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Gareee's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2004
    Posts
    729
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ah! I looked under sideshow...

    Thanks!

  4. #14
    Inactive Member sculpey's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    8,165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I spent a lot of time talking to the creator of the rayguns at SDCC and they're going to be very pricey. Though they haven't nailed the price down, they could run as much as $500-$1,000

  5. #15
    Inactive Member sculpey's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    8,165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Oh, I got this at the con

    1009 spacetub fe

    check out all the rockets at

    cool rockets

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ July 26, 2006 06:56 PM: Message edited by: sculpey ]</font>

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Andyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    13,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I've seen those rockets before, Sculp. Very cool! How much?

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Michael Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2004
    Posts
    1,039
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That would be these guys - very cool!

    http://www.mwctoys.com/sdcc2006_coolrockets.htm

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Gareee's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2004
    Posts
    729
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, cool, but way too pricey. It seems like everyone want to make higher priced "collectables" and milk the market, instead of making reasonably priced toys.

    Sculpt wise, they don't look much different then my Space Jam Marvin the martian spaceship that cost me like $5.

    With th eway prices are skyrocketing on everything buying vintage is making more and more sense! It's cheaper! LOL!!

    Guess it's time to re-aquire my old Major Matt Mason stuff...

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Andyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    13,640
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, those rockets are a bit pricey for a mass produced item. I'll jist have to make my own. [img]wink.gif[/img]


    BTW-I scored the Space Jam rocket mint with box and all pieces for 99 cents (well more like $5 after shipping). A very cool rocket!

    3477256797Ffp3353Enu3D32383E353B3E4783EWSNRCG3D323354843C6783nu0mrj

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Gareee's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2004
    Posts
    729
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yep... I'm seeing a growing trend.. "Let's see just how much money we can milk from these poor saps! (Errr...the "Fans")

    It's like all the mass market product is turning into "rare collectables", and in my case, I'm finding I pass on more things now a days then I pick them up.

    Godo example: the new Battlestar Galactica Cylon.. does he look cool? Yep.

    Is he sculpted any better then say, the star wars battle droid? No, not really.

    And the pricepoint? $50 or $60 shipped!

    And the current trend for review sites now is, "Well, Sideshow's raised the price bar, so now everything is a "fair" price if it's $50-$100.

    Sorry, I don't buy it. Gimme the Zizzle 12" POTC Jack Sparrow for $20 instead of a "collectable" 12" Jack for over $100.

    And decent looking 12" Batman, Superman, ect for $50-$100? Again, more BS.

    And what I find VERY funny, is a LOT of this stuff ends up on ebay a year later for $15-$25, especially sideshow's 12" figures.

    I think there are way too many people with way too much disposable income.. LOL!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •